High-achieving girls proportion their worst blunders at work--and how studying from them lead the way to success. Named by means of Fast corporation as a "Top 10 booklet you must learn This Year."
In Mistakes I Made at Work, a Publishers Weekly best 10 company booklet for Spring 2014, Jessica Bacal interviews twenty-five profitable ladies approximately their hardest on-the-job moments. those innovators throughout various fields - from the humanities to finance to tech - display that they're extra considerate, useful and assertive as leaders simply because they discovered from their blunders, no longer simply because they by no means made any. Interviewees include:
• Cheryl Strayed, bestselling writer of Wild
• Anna Holmes, founding editor of Jezebel.com
• Kim Gordon, founding member of the band Sonic Youth
• Joanna Barsch, Director Emeritus of McKinsey & Company
• Carol Dweck, Stanford psychology professor
• Ruth Ozeki, New York instances bestselling writer of Tale for the Time Being
And many extra . . .
Ideal for millenials simply beginning their careers, for ladies looking to strengthen at paintings, or for a person grappling with problems with perfectionism, Mistakes I Made at Work positive factors interesting and mind-blowing anecdotes, in addition to counsel for readers.
Read Online or Download Mistakes I Made at Work: 25 Influential Women Reflect on What They Got Out of Getting It Wrong PDF
Similar business books
What makes a profitable CEO? most folk recall to mind a well-known definition: “a professional supervisor with deep services. ” Others may element to the traits of today’s so-called famous person CEOs—charisma, virtuoso communique abilities, and a convinced administration kind.
While John Kay's Foundations of company good fortune first seemed within the U. okay. , it commanded the eye of the company world--and drew frequent compliment. The monetary instances hailed it as "a powerfully argued e-book, which casts a clean gentle on a number useful company demanding situations. " And company Age wrote, "You needs to learn John Kay's new publication Foundations of company luck.
The foremost concentration of this ebook is to combine components of data and information administration, including the enterprise procedure and highbrow capital. The booklet questions many of the basic thoughts and rules at present used to control details that revolve round enterprise tactics. particularly, it addresses the argument to extra successfully review the contributions of human and platforms capital (which are outlined) to a approach, highlighting the necessity to make extra awake judgements approximately what function each one will practice within the constructed method.
Tort legislations a part of Longman's FoundationsSeries is written solely with the coed reader in brain. Its wealthy studying beneficial properties are designed to light up complicated criminal ideas and advertise stable knowing and self assurance in criminal learn. Readers will achieve a company snatch of the fundamental thoughts in addition to an information of significant contemporary advancements within the legislation.
- Company Law: Case Studies in a Business Context
- Career Essentials: The Cover Letter
- The Legal Guide for Starting & Running a Small Business
- Personnel Selection: Adding Value Through People - A Changing Picture (6th Edition)
- Better by Mistake: The Unexpected Benefits of Being Wrong
- Mastering Presentations: Be the Undisputed Expert when You Deliver Presentations (Even If You Feel Like You're Going to Throw Up)
Additional info for Mistakes I Made at Work: 25 Influential Women Reflect on What They Got Out of Getting It Wrong
Double sense (offspring/interest) 1. Dining/eating-table 2. The board 3. Live at other men’s table, at their expense 4. Prov of a spendthrift 5. Table dedicated to the gods (meats and offerings) 6. Table implying what is upon it (meal) 7. Money changer’s counter 8. Most frequently bank (. . ) 9. Any table or ﬂat surface on which sth rests (. . ) T´okos Tr´apedsa 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 1. / Aristophanes, Ra. 2. Homer, Iliad 3. Homeric Hymns 4. 7 5. ), Iliad, Od. 6. Herodotus 7.
From a structural and semantic point of view, the ﬁrst set of terms includes ﬁve basic words referring to utensils and substances for exchange: a´ rgyros ‘white metal’, ‘silver’, chrys´os ‘gold’ and électron ‘amber’, ‘alloy of gold and silver’ as mere substances, chalc´os ‘copper’, ‘bronze’, ‘offering commodity’, ‘cauldron’, ‘urn’ and obel´os ‘spit’ as both utensils and substances. To these two deverbal nouns are added: drachm´e , ‘what one can hold in the hand’ and t´alanton, ‘Zeus’s scales of fate and justice’, ‘anything weighed’ or ‘weight’.
1. Gold 2. Golden armour or raiment 3. (Used by poets to denote) anything dear or precious ´ Argyros Chalc´os Chr´ema Chrys´os 1. Homer (already Mycenic)/ Solon 2. Homer, Iliad 3. Aeschylus/Sophocles/ Euripides 1. Aristophanes, Frogs/Aves/ Xenophon, Oeconom. 2. Aristophanes, Ploutos 1. Small coin 2. Money Arg´yrion Need Goods, property Merchandise ‘Money makes the man’ Debts (Generally) thing, matter, affair TESTIMONIES MEANING ( S ) GREEK TERMS 1. History/ Philosophy 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 1.