By Hans Cory
First released in 1945, this learn covers quite a lot of themes together with marriage, divorce, bride-price, inheritance, estate, own prestige and contracts in addition to a few notes at the conventional courts and how they functioned in the course of the interval of British management
Read or Download Customary Law of the Haya Tribe, Tanganyika Territory (Cass Library of African Studies) PDF
Best administrative law books
Because it first got here into lifestyles, antitrust legislation has turn into an increasing number of technical either in its shape and in its demeanour of enforcement. but technicalities and doctrines provide covert and never impartial options to a vital problem that is of basic significance: how a lot inner most strength is required to maintain financial freedom from the intrusion of public energy, and what kind of public strength is required to avoid inner most strength changing into a chance to the liberty of others?
This booklet explains the phenomenon of shared damages during which a stranger to litigation is entitled to percentage within the damages recovered in a felony go well with. in demand examples are the carer, entitled to percentage within the fund of damages recovered via a sufferer of tort, and the indemnity insurer, entitled to take part in damages received via the insured.
Reach the government industry at the present time! the right way to holiday into and achieve the government industry with this complete advisor outlining every thing you must learn about federal contracting. Federal Contracting Made effortless, third variation, is an all-in-one resource designed to provide you an entire knowing of the way the government acquires provides and providers.
Succinct and concise, this textbook covers all of the procedural and important facets of european pageant legislation. It explores basic and secondary legislation throughout the prism of ECJ case legislations. Abuse of a dominant place and merger keep an eye on are mentioned and a separate bankruptcy on cartels guarantees the coed gets the broadest attainable point of view at the topic.
- Land Law (Sourcebook)
- Canadian Intellectual Property Law and Strategy: Trademarks, Copyright and Industrial Designs
- Das Recht des Architekten: Vertrag, Honorar & Haftung
- Stratospheric Ozone Depletion and Climate Change
- Practice Notes : Residential Tenancies
- Refining Privacy in Tort Law
Additional resources for Customary Law of the Haya Tribe, Tanganyika Territory (Cass Library of African Studies)
209. The administrator has the right with the consent of the Musika to take some money or a goat or a head of cattle from the estate for the entertainment of guests during the period of mourning. He has to prove that anything he takes is spent for this purpose. He can spend whatever he thinks necessary provided that he can account for his expenditure. 44 EXECUTOR. (Musigire. ) 210. The testator has the right to appoint by will any person he likes as executor. This person need not belong to his family.
His wife receives all the money. COFFEE IN STORE. 98. This is distributed among the male heirs. TOOLS. 99. The Musika receives the greater number, especially any tools or arms which were personally used by the deceased. If any are left after he has taken his share, they are divided between the other male heirs. CLOTH. 100. Cloth is distributed equally among the male heirs. SONLESS WIDOWS. 101. Widows of the deceased are inherited by the Musika only and only with their consent. 26 NOTE: If Musika and widow agree, one of the minor heirs may be chosen to take her as his wife.
42. Among these witnesses must be either close relatives of the testator or the head of his clan or ihiga. (Ihiga is a subdivision of a clan. A clan has several mahiga. 8 of 1933. Kabakaki v. Mutagaywa. Kabakaki’s bloodbrother nominated him as heir although he had a brother Mutagaywa. It was held that this will was void as the testator had not called the necessary number of witnesses. A bloodbrother with regard to inheritance is looked upon as an outsider. 43. The witnesses have to judge whether the testator is in full possession of his mental faculties or not.