By Andrew Morton
Building Flickr purposes with PHP teaches you the way to take advantage of todays most well-liked on-line photograph administration approach. You’ll discover ways to paintings with either your individual images and Flickrs huge, immense cache, and create new and compelling extensions to the Flickr platform. This e-book is a brilliant choose because
- Its written through skilled developer Rob Kunkle and Phlickr developer Andrew Morton.
- You’ll the best way to use the Hypertext Preprocessor API Phlickr to put in writing and retrieve images.
- Flicker is starting to be quick in acceptance within the on-line picture administration global.
Using the preferred PHP-driven Phlickr API along with MySQL, you’ll become aware of how one can make the most of open resource instruments like personal home page, Apache, and MySQL, in addition to the Flickr structure, to regulate, retrieve, and layout pictures in innovative methods. You’ll additionally how to construct upon Flickrs photograph collaboration positive aspects to create interfaces for operating with others on picture album tasks. And you’ll the best way to layout Flickr tags, profiting from RSS to distribute picture updates.
Read or Download Building Flickr Applications with PHP PDF
Best graphics & multimedia books
"Visual Quantum Mechanics" makes use of the computer-generated animations stumbled on at the accompanying material on Springer Extras to introduce, encourage, and illustrate the techniques defined within the e-book. whereas there are different books out there that use Mathematica or Maple to coach quantum mechanics, this e-book differs in that the textual content describes the mathematical and actual principles of quantum mechanics within the traditional demeanour.
Sign Processing for computing device imaginative and prescient is a distinct and thorough remedy of the sign processing points of filters and operators for low-level computing device imaginative and prescient. computing device imaginative and prescient has stepped forward significantly over contemporary years. From equipment in basic terms appropriate to easy photos, it has constructed to house more and more complicated scenes, volumes and time sequences.
This publication analyzes broad info at the world’s swiftly altering and turning out to be entry to, use and geographies of knowledge and communications applied sciences. It experiences not just the spatial changes in expertise utilization world wide, but in addition examines electronic variations within the significant global international locations of China, India, the USA and Japan on the nation and provincial degrees.
This booklet units the basis for complex special effects. It contains software listings, that are a way of describing the algorithms required for the answer of given difficulties, and covers a number of themes reminiscent of matric illustration of changes in two-dimensional house, 3-dimensional coordinate geometry, and straightforward hidden line and floor algorithms.
- The Mathematica Graphics Guidebook
- Digital Signal Processing with Matlab Examples, Volume 2: Decomposition, Recovery, Data-Based Actions
- Microsoft Access 2013: Illustrated Brief
- Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 In a Snap
Extra info for Building Flickr Applications with PHP
4. In the System Variables pane on the lower half of the form, locate the Path entry. ) 5. Double-click on the Path entry. 6. Select the Variable Value text box and move the cursor to the end. 7. Append a semicolon and then the full path to your PHP directory; that is, C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS becomes C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;c:\php5. 8. Click the OK button to save the changes. Test the PHP Installation To verify that PHP is in the system path and installed correctly, open a command prompt (Start ➤ Programs ➤ Accessories ➤ Command Prompt, or Start ➤ Run...
Now, your application can act as the user and, depending on the permissions, do things like search for photos, create sets, and change photo dates. ■Note The term “frob” is an old bit of hacker jargon. html. Web Authentication Overview Web authentication is similar to authentication for a desktop application. The main difference is that web applications don’t need to request a frob. Instead, after directing the user to Flickr’s site to grant permissions, Flickr will redirect the user back to a URL on your site.
Flickr gives you lots of ways that you can add text to your photos to describe them and make them searchable. Let’s look at these options now. 6129ch02 7/19/06 2:28 PM Page 13 CHAPTER 2 ■ FLICKR FEATURES Titles and Descriptions When you upload a photo, its default title is the original file name of the image. You probably want to come up with a more flavorful title than something like DCIM_0921. Changing the title is very straightforward. Click on the thumbnail of the photos you want to edit to go to the individual photo page.